Wednesday, April 30, 2014

For Baby! DD #100

Good morning!  Its hump day and we are half way thru the week!  Today's card is for the final color challenge over at The Dynamic Duo's.   When I saw the colors, I immediately thought "Baby"!  I love the softness of so saffron and pool party together. The layout for my card came from a sketch I found on Pinterest.  It worked perfect since I wanted to keep this card simple with layers and details.
Card sketch...ideal for this "paper scraps can't be thrown away kind of a gal".... :o)
 
So here is what I came up with.  I started with a base color of smoky slate and layered with a 5" x 3-3/4" piece of white.  I am known for not throwing away anything.  Especially when it comes to DSP scraps.  I keep all my small pieces inside the pack for future uses.  This came in handy with this card.  I had some 1/2" strips left over from a previous project.  All I had to do was cut them down to the lengths I needed for this card to have them stagger.  The so saffron strips came from the I Am Me DSP pack.  The other strips are just solid pool party strips.  I stamped the giraffe from the Zoo Babies stamp set in so saffron and added a little gold bakers twine around his neck to make him look all cute and stuff!!  The perfect little touch was adding the pool party and so saffron candy dots.  These are the perfect little things since sliced bread and I do love bread!!!
 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ whisper white, smoky slate, pool party
DSP ~ I am me
Stamp Set ~ Zoo Babies
Ink ~ smoky slate
Misc. ~ subtle candy dots, gold bakers twine
 
I hope you have enjoyed my take on the color challenge!  Please remember to leave some "love" as I always value and look forward to reading your comments!
 

1 comment :

brrenwick said...

Such a cute card! I love the colors and fun sketch!