Thursday, June 9, 2011

PPC #61 and Whimsical Wednesday #10

THIS CARD WON AS A RUNNER-UP AT PPC!!!!  WHOOOO HOOOOO!!
Good day bloggers!  I am leaving to go out of town this weekend for my nephews high school graduation!  So I wanted to try and get a couple of challenges in while trying to pack.  This card is for my Dad for Fathers Day, so it worked out perfect that this weeks challenge over at http://whimsicalwednesdays.blogspot.com/ is to make something for "Father's Day".  It is also for http://www.ppc-challenges.blogspot.com/ for the use of colors, which are "SU! cajun craze, always artichoke and certainly celery."  I used the scalloped oval punch on the front to highlight the sentiment of "Happy Father's Day".  The ribbon is always artichoke 1/4" grosgrain, topped off with mini copper colored brads.  I hand cut out the little spatula and glued it to the little insert that slides out to read, "King of the Grill" cause that is the SU! stamp set that it came from.
My Dad loves two things, #1 to eat at buffet resturants and #2 Wood Grill Resturant, so I thought it best to just slide him in a gift card to go eat there!

12 comments :

Roberta Guditis said...

So cute! What a creative idea! Thanks for playing with us at Whimsical Wednesday!

Roberta, Whimsical Designer
www.txscrappermom.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your card is super adorable! I love that you can put a gift card inside so easily and the shape of the apron was brilliant! Good luck from the WW Design team!

GiGi said...

This is such an awesome card! I love the shape and the gift card holder on the inside! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

The Archiving Angel said...

Wowzers, this is just great! I love the shape of the card and the fact that it is a gift card holder. It is so clever. Your paper is a great choice too.The special touches of the ribbon & the brad to finish off the look of an apron is just fantastic. Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday.
Crafty best wishes,
Sonia

Lesley said...

Oh wow! Love the cool shape, have a great weekend away! Thanks for joining the PPC.
Smiles,
Lesley

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

super fun card! Dad will love it too. Thanks for joining us at PPC this week :-)

Cindy Beland said...

Great job with this Father's day card!I love that idea,COOL!Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesday!!:)

Linda Anderson said...

Totally adorable!!!! A two for one - a card AND gift card holder. I love it!!! Thanks for joining us at PPC.

Linda

Michele said...

Love your Card!! Such a fun card to give!! Thanks so much for joining us at PPC this week!

Unknown said...

I love the shape of your card. Great idea to slip a gift card into. Thank you for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays.

Tamie said...

What a creative card and gift inside. I really like how you used the colors to make this card. Thanks for sharing it with us at PPC.

Kim H said...

Cynthia,
Oh yet another INCREDIBLE card! I am so loving the shape and whole idea! This is so creative! Love the details... the apron, the spatula, the ties.. everything! I bet your Dad is going to love it along with the gift card! Thanks for playing along with us at Whisical Wednesdays!