Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesday Morning #96

Ok back again for another challenge.  This one is for http://www.tuesdaymorningsketches.blogspot.com/.  I wanted to do a little something fun and different for this layout.  When I saw this sketch, I first thought of large candles.  I cut out hug candles and placed some matching stripes on them added some pop dots to the back of each and added them on.  I used a little yellow ribbon for a cute little bow and used my scalloped oval punch to add  "Birthday Wishes" as my greeting.

I used SU! colors of:  wild wasabi, daff. delight, black, purely pomegranate and bermuda bay
I hope you like!

4 comments :

Theresa said...

Cynthia, your card is fabulous. I love your interpretation on the sketch - excellent!! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Melissa Craig said...

This is super adorable! I love your interpretation of the sketch. I certainly didn't see candles when I created it. Great job!! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Kathy said...

Very cool, what a great take on the sketch! Love the candle idea, I would never have thought of that, very clever. Fun card! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week.

Unknown said...

What a cute fun card. I LOVE the colors. Can't beat SU, they are best. It is always so fun to see how people interpret challenges. I will have to check this one out, you sure made it look fun!:)