Thursday, July 21, 2011

Creative Sketches Iris Folding plus Sketch

I want to say "Thank You" to everyone who participated in last weeks http://www.creative-sketches.com/ blog challenge.  I love seeing everyones creations.  Up this week we have a sketch with a technique.  Even though I did not follow the sketch at all (sorry I had an idea and just went with it:( try your best to follow the sketch.  The technique for July is "Iris Folding" .  This is such much fun!  It can be done very simply or very detailed.  I went with simple cause I wanted to make it easy for a beginner at this.


I used the large tree from the nestibilities set and punched in out thru the center of white layer.  I then folded strips of metallic gree, cream/gold and red christmas wrapping paper (I always buy loads every year!) I attached my strips to the backside of tree and taped them on.  I layered the finished back with a layer of gold paper.  Tied a ribbon at the top and you have my Christmas Tree card. 
I did not waste any materials either. I took the white tree that was punched out and used it on the inside of card with a Christmas sentiment stamped on it. Now lets see what you come up with!?!?!

1 comment :

Linda said...

Great card...and who doesn't have extra wrapping paper after the holidays. Bet you could do this for a birthday card too! Love it!