Thursday, November 10, 2011

Give Thanks!

Good day bloggers.  This card is for http://www.creative-sketches.com/ this week.  Our challenge to you, is to use the color palette of riding hood red, so saffron and more mustard.  I had to think about these colors for a minute, cause my brain is on Christmas/Winter right now and totally forgot Fall is still around.  Use the color inspiration photo below, get creative, make a project and hop on over and enter our challenge.
CS56C-1110-Saf-Must-RHRed
This creation is not quite my original idea (but whose is anymore!).  I got the door idea from http://stampndesign.blogspot.com/2011/10/rectangle-door-card.html.  I used the colors of choc. chip for the main door and soft suede for the door front panels.  I also embossed the door and front panel only with a wood grain embossing folder.  I also used a misc. leaf punch for the wreath on the door (which is my idea).  They are attached to a scalloped circle punch with the center punched out with a 1-1/4" circle punch.  I topped off each wreath with a small bow using 1/8" red grosgrain ribbon.  I made door handles with simple black brads.

No comments :