Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Santa Boxes

Hello bloggers!  I hope everyone is getting into the holiday spirit.  Wether it be for Thanksgiving or Christmas.  Myself am ready for both.  Bring on the good foods and family gatherings for Thanksgiving and well, Christmas is my favorite next to Halloween, so all is wonderful with that holiday. 

I am a busy little crafter these days.  I have decided to spend less money on gifts this year and try to give more simple gifts with handmade items.  I have just fallen in love with making different style boxes for santa's coat.  First up is the traditional basket using the pillow box die.  This is for my sister for Christmas Sshhh-I have her name) and she is getting a B&N gift card inside this cute little basket with some chocolate truffles.
Second style is using the ever so cute, Fancy Favor box die.  I just love that you can get so many uses out of the different box dies that go with your big shot.  The options are endless!  On both I have used a swirled embossing folder for the coat (cherry cobbler).  This cute little box is for my older sons TA teacher.  She has been a wonderful teacher so far this year since my som has started Middle School.  We found out she is moving due to husbands job.  She is getting a B&N gift card as well with a mini Bath & Body hand santizer.

I hope you have enjoyed both my boxes.  If you would like more details on how I made these, please let me know.  HAPPY PAPER CRAFTING!

No comments :