Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hostess Wish List Holder

 I posted this creation on Stampin Connection earlier today for a contest entry.  I thought I would share it on my blog too.  I have had a few ladies wanting more details on how I made it, so the measurements are listed at the end of this blog.  I like creating holders for things such as sticky note pags and such, so I thought, why not create a nice holder for the wish lists that stampin up puts out there for us demos to use.  My plan is to give these away to each months hostess so that they can put put together and have in one location a list of the items they would like to have.  I also plan to decorate the outside using fun new items that are out now or as a preview of things to come.  This one is decorated using the enchantment dsp from the saleabration catalog, the new mixed bunch stamp set and the blossom punch that goes with it. 
This is the inside, which I hole punched 10 sheets of the list and tied them together at the top with a piece of ribbon.  I wanted to make my pen cute and match, but I did not have any of the pens that I could remove the stopper piece.

Now for the Measurements:
*  cut "Wish List" to measure 3-1/2"w x 8-1/4"L
*  cut a piece of cardstock to measure 8-1/2"L x 8"w
*  score the cardstock on the long side at 3-3/4" and 4-1/4"
*  fold on the second score line and put a tick mark along the side at 4" and 4-1/2"
(I hope that mark makes since)
*  use scissors to cut on those marks and cut to the first score line.
(this is what makes the piece that holds the pen on the inside.
*  push the cut piece to the inside
*  decorate the front as you wish
*  attach the "wish list" to the inside and tie with ribbon or brads (again use what you like)

If you don't understand something, please email me and ask, I will be glad to help!

No comments :