Thursday, February 2, 2012

PPA128 Color Challenge-Candy Heart Book!

 Good afternoon bloggers!  I have been so busy with watching children lately, I have not had time to work on any challenges.  That's a bummer:(  Well anyway, I found a few minutes to put this cute little valentine book together for one of my favorite challenge blogs, http://www.palspaperarts.com/.  Hop on over and check out the fun and easy challenge for this week (use RED, can't get any easier than that!)  I wanted to put my matchbox die to work.  I added an extra cover to have it open like a book.  Details on measurements below if you would like to make one.  I decorated the spine of the book using the smallest label that comes with the matchbox die.
 This is a side view looking in.  I used candy hearts to fill the inside of the slide out matchbox.
This shows the inside.  I used a clear window sheet to attach to the inside to hold the candy in.  I then just used the large heart punch to punch the window shape before gluing together the cover for the slider cover.

Here's what you need and directions:

-  paper color of your choice (I used early espresso, very vanilla and cherry cobbler
-  matchbox die
-  big shot
-  large heart punch, word window punch and the modern label punch
-  tombo liquid glue or red sticky tape

measurements:
-  cut out one matchbox die (both parts) in early espresso (this holds the candy and
the outside part that it slides back into)
-  cut a piece of cherry cobbler to measure 4-1/2" x 2-7/8"
score it @ 2-1/8" and 3".  Crease and fold.  This is the outside cover of book that will open to show the inside.  I glued the back together and just the spine so it opens like a book
-  inside pages
-cherry cobbler, 1-7/8" x 2-1/2"
-  very vanilla, 1-5/8" x 2-1/4"

5 comments :

Dawn Tidd said...

Such a cute idea. Love the heart covered front and surprise hearts inside. I may have to CASE your idea for my grandchildren!

Margaret Moody said...

This is just too cute, Cynthia! I LOVE it! Love the window inside that gives the recipient a peek at the candy! So clever and fun! Great job with the challenge!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Great project! I love my matchbox die and have not used it for some time now but this is definitely something I am going to make today! Thank you for sharing and wishing you a happy weekend!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Becky Green said...

VERY CUTE!!!!!!! This reminds me of the Life Saver Books that come out around Christmas!!!!!!!! :)Thanks for sharing!

Sandra said...

Really lovely! Hugs