Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Monochromatic Valentine!

http://www.ssinkspiration.blogspot.com/

Good morning bloggers and thanks for joining me for a little monochromatic fun with SSINKspiration!  What the heck is mono..romat.. what, you say?!  I know right, I still don't know even how to say the word, but found out after a little further investigation just what it ment.  I came across Kerry's blog - stampgoodness, and she had some color samples already put together.  Hey don't laugh, I'm still a newby at certain crafty things!!  Here is what monochromatic means, just in case you are like me.......

mon-o-chro-mat-ic:
1.)  containing or using only one color.
2)  (of light or other radiation) of a single wavelength or frequency.

While on her blog, I came across a sketch layout that was perfect for this color scheme challenge.  Below is the sketch.  Click her link above to check out her monochromatic schemes she has put together.  I chose to work with the oranges.

and here is my take on the sketch and monochromatic colors of orange.  I chose to work with Cajun craze, tangerine tango and pumpkin cause this card is for my youngest son for valentines day.  His favorite color is orange.  I plan to make another in blues for my oldest son!

I added some splashed Cajun craze from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and added two patterned hearts from the Hearts a Flutter stamp set.  I also added a set of four mini banners, cause hey, its not a card now on my blog that doesn't have one lately.  I am sooo in lo-ve with banners!!

I also created a heart layer with banners of course for the inside.  I'll hand write a little sweet heat note for my son later!

Now that you have seen my creation, head on over to the SSINKspiration's main blog page, (but not before leaving some love) and check out what the other design team members have created!
We all hope we have INKspired you to go create too!

Card Supplies:
stamp sets:  hearts a flutter, yippee-skippee, gorgeous grunge
cardstock:  Cajun craze, tangerine tango, pumpkin pie, crumb cake and very vanilla
Misc.:  neutral candy dots and 1-1/4" square punch

You can purchase any and all of these supplies HERE!

3 comments :

Kim Ryden said...

Very cute card today! I love it!!

Kathy Peck said...

Great card.

brrenwick said...

What a great card for you son! These colors work so well together and I love that sketch! Nice work friend :-)