Friday, November 7, 2014

Autumn Washi Tape Leaves with a Thank You Treat for SSINK

 
Good morning!  Time for another fun project for over at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration.  Today we sharing projects created with Washi Tape. Oh yea, I said it, washi tape!  Don't you just love this stuff?!  Its a staple in my craftroom and it sits front and center on my work countertop.

 
I created both these items using the color me autumn washi tape from the Holiday Mini Catalog.  Both items are for my sons favorite teacher he had last year as a special Thank You gift.   This year, she picked him to be his student helper for one of his class periods.  I think she kinda likes him!! 

 
She loves chocolate chip cookies, (of course so do I!!) so I plan to bake some and place them in the bag. (I'm sure I'll a have a few that just won't fit no matter how hard I try...Oh, what will I do with them?!?!?)

 
Up close of the leaves.  They were so fun and super easy to make.  I cut a piece of very vanilla to fit the size of each leaf I wanted to cut from the Autumn Accents Die.  Then I layered on washi tape until it was completely covered.  Once covered, I layed the piece on top of the die and ran it threw my Big Shot (WOW!!.... that was a close call....I hit the "i" instead of the "o" in the word "shot"!!  That could of been a real funny blooper post!!!  I just love the extra sparkle with the champagne glitter acorn on the bag and the leaf on the card.

 
 I'll have Andrew write a special note inside the card just for her, to make it even more special.
 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ very vanilla
Ink ~ blackberry bliss
Stamp set ~ many thanks
Misc. ~ color me washi tape, gold bakers twine, champagne glitter paper, autumn accents big shot die, wooden clothes pins, chevron paper bags
 
I hope you have enjoyed both my projects today using one of my favorite sets of washi tape.  Leave some "love" and head on over to our main blog to see what the others have created!

No comments :