Saturday, November 22, 2014

"Snow" Globe fun #FM187

Good morning!  Its Saturday and normally at this time I would be enjoying my morning by sleeping in.  Yep, its the first day in five that I don't have to get up at 6:20am, but here I am up, and why you ask?  Well today I am spending the day with some friends are we will be crafting away!
 
But before I get started, I wanted to share my project card for The Friday Mashup challenge.  Avery certainly has picked a fun mashup for us to play along with.  Its all about "weather" and to mash it up, add in some metal.  I decided to except her challenge and created this cute snow globe card.  For the past couple of weeks the temperature here in Va. has really been dropping.  So if its gonna be this cold, I say go ahead and let it snow....but just a little!  So with that in mind, I created my challenge card around "snow"!  The Mashup team still has an open call out for some new design team members.  I'm opening up my card and blog for review in hopes to earn a spot on this team!  Wish me luck!!
 
 
With snow in mind, I thought the perfect colors to play with were colors from the 2013 set of in colors, (coastal cabana, crisp cantaloupe, strawberry slush and pistachio pudding)  The snow globe I thought was perfect to show case snow as well as the "Holiday Home" stamp set and matching framelits.  As I kid, and still today, I love picking up and shaking a snow globe to see the glitter and snow flutter around.
 

I stamped the three different homes in matching ink with the cardstock and used a snowmaker marker I have along with my heat gun to add snow texture to each roof top and around the windows.  I also created a window pocket and added silver and snowflake sequins along with matching in color sequins to the inside that shake around when you move the card.
 
 
For my metal mashup part of the challenge, I tied on with black/white bakers twine an all is calm metal snowflake embellishment.  Perfect to hang down and add that extra shimmer!
 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ very vanilla, crisp cantaloupe, coastal cabana, pistachio pudding, strawberry slush
Ink ~ baked brown sugar, crisp cantaloupe, coastal cabana, pistachio pudding
Stamp set ~ Holiday Home
Misc. ~ black bakers twine, all is calm snowflake embellishment, snowmaker maker, heat gun, homemade holiday framelits, in color sequins, frosted sequins, snow globe dies from Papertrey Ink
 

 
 



4 comments :

brrenwick said...

I love this card!!! That snow globe is just too much fun!!

Eva Bussom said...

Fantastic! Love snow globes!!!

Heidi Baks said...

How very cute! I love how you paired up the house stamp/die-cut with the snow globe, complete with shaker elements. Perfect! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Lisa said...

Love the snow globe and the colors you chose, it looks fantastic!

Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!