Monday, April 14, 2014

Core'dination Birthay April Card Sketch w/ SSINKspiration

 
Good Monday morning!  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!  I had a wonderful weekend.  I had a few ladies over for an all day crop here at my house. We played games, ate wonderful food and treats, talked and just lots of fun making paper crafts all day! I was sad when it was time for them to leave.  Today we are sharing a new card sketch for April.  I can't wait to see what you do with it!


 

 
I had bought the core'dination pack in the newest set of in colors.  Of course I hadn't tried it out yet, but once that sanding block hit that paper for the first time, I was hooked.  I had so much fun sanding and see the results right in front of me!  I first embossed my three strips with the alphabet press folder, then I used the sanding block to sand off a little on top the letters til I started to see the white come thru.  The other detail I like about this card, is the banner I have going across the front.  I used the artisan punch, folded them in half over gold bakers twine and attached with foam dots.  I stamped the "Happy Birthday" from the label of love set and placed it in the center.
 
 
The inside is simple with another short banner created using only two punches.
 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ very vanilla, pistachio pudding, coastal cabana, crisp cantaloupe, soft suede
2013 In color core'dination paper
DSP ~ venetian romance
Ink ~ Soft suede
Stamp Set ~ Label Love
Misc. ~ gold bakers twine, artisan punch, alphabet press folder

5 comments :

Melissa said...

Oh I absolutely LOVE this card! I'm going to have to CASE this one. Thank you or the INKspiration!

Diana Eichfeld said...

Fabulous card Cynthia, love the addition of the banner and how you made the inside matching!

Kathy Peck said...

What a beautiful card.

brrenwick said...

Very classy card! I love your choice of DSP and the pretty banner!

Stampin Dj said...

So cute!