Friday, April 25, 2014

Washi Tape Madness PP192

It's Friday, Friday, Friday!!!  Time to get this day over and done with to get this weekend started.  A lot of fun things on my plate.  First, I have a Park to Park Half Marathon that I'm running in Waynesboro, Va (wish me luck!), second I'm headed to Richmond to enjoy my Birthday dinner at non other than, Olive Garden!!!  Man I love that place!!  Chicken alfredo and cheesecake here I come!!!  My birthday was this past Monday, April 21!

Today's card is for the fun washi tape challenge over at The Paper Players.  I immediately went to town and decided to work with one my my favorite washi tape collections, Retro Fresh.  I just love the colors.  It reminds me of Spring!

 
I started out with coastal cabana as my card base.  I added a background layer of baked brown sugar and very vanilla.  I then just tore strips of washi tape and layered them down on top of the vanilla at different angles.  I cut out a film shape from the on film framelit set and added it as my final top layer using foam dots.  The final touches came in with white leaves from the secret garden framelit set and a coastal cabana stamped flower from the flower shop set.  I did add a strip of ruffled baked brown sugar ribbon along the bottom edge and a boutique button to the center of my flower.

As always, I can't forget the inside.  Remember, its just as important as the outside.  I kept it along the same lines as the outside, only using the smallest film frame.  I made my leaf and flower a little smaller but just cutting some off.  I always try to leave plenty of room for a handwritten message.

 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ baked brown sugar, coastal cabana, very vanilla
Ink ~ coastal cabana, so saffron, baked brown sugar
Stamp Sets ~  Express Yourself (retiring), flower shop
Misc. ~ retro fresh washi tape, word window punch, on film framelit set, boutique in color buttons (retiring), secret garden framelit set (retiring), baked brown sugar ruffled ribbon (retiring)
 
I hope you have enjoyed my washi tape creation.  Leave some "love", as I always enjoy reading your comments!  Now go pull your favorite washi tape and play along.

3 comments :

Nance Leedy said...

Love the whimsical way you've applied the washi tape here! Looks great in the Polaroid and film frames too...thank you for joining the washi fun at The Paper Players!

stampwithsandy said...

Gorgeous card, Cynthia! I love how you randomly placed the washi tape on the background, the photo frame, the flower, and the inside is just a pretty! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

Fun way to use that washi, Cynthia! I love that you used a similar technique on the inside as well--clever! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!