Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Its a Mystery??

 
Good morning peeps!  Today I am over at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration and I am sharing one of my favorite design team challenges yet.  So all the designers who wanted to play, switched up names and mailed our person #3 items of our choosing.  These items could of been a stamped image, a piece of ribbon, a button, etc.....once we received or mystery items, we had to take a picture of our items and then get to work creating putting together a project using them.  Let me just say, I had so much fun!
 
 
So Jennifer had my name and the above items is what she mailed me.  Do you think these items would be tricky?  The only trick I had was trying to find a way to use all three of the blossoms.  I just love the color she chose for me to work with.  Mini Macaron is one of my favorite new In Colors.

 
Here is what I came up with....isn't it just lovely.  I started with a card base of whisper white and cut a layer of white and embossed it with the large polka dotted folder.  I used her piece of DSP and cut off 1" to use to opposite side for a banner layer down the middle.  (One can't choose just one side, you need to enjoy both!)  I cut out a circle layer using my framelit set and attached the butterfly with some dementionals, after adding some silver twine in behind.  I decided to place my #3 blossoms in the center of the butterfly.  I am happy with how it turned out in the end.
 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ whisper white
Ink ~ mint macaron
Stamp set ~ watercolor wings, birthday blossoms
Misc. ~ in color blossoms, silver bakers twine, circle framelit set, polka dot embossing folder
 
 

 

No comments :