Tuesday, December 13, 2011

PPA223 Puttin' on the Ritz Christmas

Not only is this my Christmas card for this year, but I decided to enter it into this weeks super special challenge over at http://www.palspaperarts.com/.  Do I ever want to win some mega blogcandy!!!

I only make 10 special Christmas cards each year, cause I try to put alot of extra detail into them.  I only send them to those I know won't throw them away, cause lets face it, we all take pride into what we make and to know or find out, that someone file 13'd your project, would well, upset you (me)!!

I used my SU! Home for Christmas stamp set and colored in colors or pacific blue, riding hood red and certainly celery.  I wanted to keep the colors fun and whimsical!  Even though you can't see it very well, I added dazzling details to the balls on the garland, light lamp, white on the tree and around the steps.  I topped it off with some mini silver brads and a cute little snowflaked popped up with a silver cord bow.  I also inked with matching color around all edges and took my gray marker and edged the rock on the stamped image.

Stampin' Up items used:

*  cardstock colors:  pacific point, whisper white, basic gray, certainly celery
*  ink colors:  pacific point, basic gray, riding hood red and certainly celery
*  stamp sets:  home for christmas and northern hearts
*  misc:  silver brads, northern frost decorative strip die, misc. silver cord, dazzling details, basic gray 3/8" taffeta ribbon

No comments :