Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Snowflakes in July...What?! Merry Monday #117

Well my swaps are complete, bags are packed and my flight for 7:15am is confirmed!  I'm ready to head to Salt Lake City, Utah for the Inspire.Create.Share 2014 Stampin' Up! Convention.  Its hard to believe that its been a whole year already since I went last year.  Time sure does fly.  To kill some of the quietness in this house since the boys are away, I headed to my craft room, cranked up the radio and put together this card for the challenge over at Merry Monday.  Yep its a Christmas challenge.  Not that I'm ready for Christmas, but with snowflakes it makes me think cooler and I hate to say it, but I'm ready for some cooler weather already.  Now come October/November when I'm out running in freezing my butt off temps, I'll say other wise.....Brrrrr!!!


 
The challenge, if you choose to except it (sorry, I'm in a James Bond kinda mood I guess!!) is to create a holiday project and add sequins to it.  And I did just that, but in a cute snowflakes nontraditional color sort of way.  Here's what I came up with...
 
 
One of my favorite holiday/winter sets is the Festive Flurries stamp set with its matching snowflake framelits.  I hope these stay a long while longer.  I kept the sketch really simple with a stylish striped embossed whisper white layer down the middle, a collection of banners using colors of whisper white, coastal cabana and strawberry slush.  I then stamped a smaller snowflake in coastal cabana and a larger one in strawberry slush.  Don't get me wrong, I love traditional holiday colors, but I also enjoy outside the box, nontraditional colors too.  I wrapped and tied a bow using the black bakers twine and scattered around some of the new in color sequins. 

 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ whisper white, soft sky, strawberry slush, coastal cabana
Ink ~ strawberry slush and coastal cabana
Stamp set ~ festive flurries
Misc. ~ black bakers twine, in color sequins, festive flurry framelits, basic rhinestones, banner punch, stylish stripes embossing folder
 
I hope you have enjoyed my snowflakes in July project card.  Leave some "love", and head back tomorrow for a card swapping good!!
 
 
 

5 comments :

Marcia Hill said...

Great card and I love your non-traditional colors...perfect for your snowflakes and banners! And of course the sequins add the perfect touch! :0)

Kristie Goulet said...

I love your use of non-traditional Christmas colors. Great card. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Bonnie said...

I love these colors and the great layout! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

meg said...

Beautiful card love the colours and simplicity

OttawaMom said...

Festive Flurry is also one of my favourites! Beautiful layout and I love the colours.