Friday, July 18, 2014

SU! 2014 Convention Display Board Contest Project #3, 4 & 5


Good morning and thanks for stopping in to visit my blog while I'm out of town at the inspire.create.share 2014 Stampin' Up! Convention.  Yesterday, I shared projects 1 and 2.  Today I am sharing my last two cards and my 3-D project.  The design team that I am a designer for, Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration, was selected to design a display board for convention this year.  Stampin' Up!, has put a contest in place.  A number of design teams have been selected to design boards in the display room.  A winning display board will be selected, but in my eyes, we are ALL WINNERS!  We all get to have our creative artwork on the boards for all to see and enjoy!  I have had so much fun in creating my 4 cards and 3-D item.  Each of us who wanted to participate, chose one stamp set to work with a create our projects around.  I decided to go with "Flower Patch".  When you are done viewing my post, don't forget to click over to our main blog and see some of the other display projects from our design team members!


This card has a base color of crumb cake with a tangelo twist layer.  I rounded the corners of the base and layers for a different look.  Simple changes can make a big impact.  My crumb cake layer is stamped using again the Flower Patch stamp set in colors of tangelo twist, crumb cake and mossy meadow.  I am so in love with our newest set of in colors!  My sentiment is stamped on a simple border strip and held on with some new in color ribbon to match.  If you look closely, you will see that I added a crumb cake candy dot to the center of each flower.


Now this card is most different in design.  Its a paper bag pocket card.  I cut down to size one of the chevron stripped paper bags and created a simple set of layers for the card inside.  I created a layer of flowers in coastal cabana, pear pizzazz and strawberry slush.  I love how this stamp set has a matching framelit set.  It makes it so easy for cutting out.  The Flower Patch stamp set, comes with three different sentiments.  This one is stamped on a simple banner and tucked behind.  I tied on a bow using the new cotton ribbon in pear pizzazz.


Now for my final display board project, I signed up to create a 3-D item.  I purchased a simple black wooden 5x7 picture frame and distressed and sanded it down along the inner and outer edges with sand paper.  I wanted a fall look as this has a picture of my son when he was little with his pumpkins.  I used colors of hello honey, mossy meadow and cajun craze to stamp the flowers and leaves.  I added a small pearl to the center of the smaller flowers and one cajun craze button to the center of the larger flower.  I also accented with some gold bakers twine.  The funniest part of this project is the chicken wire that I inserted as the background since I used a small wallet sized photo.  A cute little wooden clothes pin holds the stamped sentiment.

Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ crumb cake, tangelo twist, strawberry slush, whisper white
Ink ~ tangelo twist, crumb cake, mossy meadow, costal cabana, pear pizzazz, strawberry slush, cajun craze, hello honey
Stamp set ~ flower patch
Misc. ~ tangelo twist in color satin ribbon, neutral candy dots, basic rhinestones, pear pizzazz cotton ribbon, black wooden picture frame, regal buttons, basic pearls, wooden clothes pins, hot glue gun

Again, thanks for stopping by to visit my convention board projects.  Leave some "love" and don't forget to go see some more projects from our other design team members.  Wish us luck!





1 comment :

Kathy Peck said...

These are all so pretty.