Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Still "NO" Pinwheel Wreath for Me?!?

 
Good morning and thanks for joining me here today with Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration.  Today we are sharing cute projects made using "pinwheels".  I will have to tell ya, that even though I've created things with pinwheels before, it has been so much more fun since the June My Paper Pumpkin kit got delivered to my door step.

 
One of the things I have been wanting to make for my front door was one of these cute clothes pin wreaths.  When I made my last weekly trip to old Wally World, aka (Walmart), its what we people in the South call it!!....I picked myself up a pack of wooden clothespins.  Since I wanted a red, white and blue look since it was for the 4th of July and I didn't have any other DSP that would work, I used the new Martitime DSP.  Boy was that a long run on sentence!!  It worked perfectly, cause it has real red, night of navy and even stars. 
 
I created the three pinwheels from the my paper pumpkin it and attached them to the straws that even come in the kit too, and hot glued them to the side of my wreath.  I also cut out some silver sparkle stars using the new stars framelit set. 
 
So why do I say, "Still NO wreath for my door?"  Well I went to go visit my parents this weekend.  My nephew is getting ready to be deployed out with the Air Force and he surprised my parents with a last visit before he leaves.  We were all there for some family time and a nice relaxing cookout.  Well now back to the subject...the wreath....well I didn't know that my Mom has also been wanting one of these styled wreaths and well I caved in and sold it to her!!!  Luckily for me, the Paper Pumpkin kit came with 24 pinwheels and extra supplies that I have plenty left after all the other projects I've made (details and pics some soon!!) I can easily make myself another tonight.  I guess I just need to go back to Wally World and get another pack of clothespins, haha!!!
 
Supplies Used
DSP ~ Martitime
Misc. ~ silver glitter paper, star framelit set, June My Paper Pumpkin kit, hot glue gun, wooden clothespins
 
Would you like to be apart of the My Paper Pumpkin family and start receiving your own kits each month?  Click HERE to go get signed up!  Do it before the 10th of July and you will actually received July's kit!
 
Again thanks for stopping by.  Leave some "love" and go check out what the other design team members have created!!

1 comment :

Melissa said...

This is fabulous! I'm on my way to the store to pick up clothes pins!