Thursday, June 26, 2014

Art Inspired

 
Good morning and thanks for joining me here today with Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration.  Today we are sharing projects created with an "Art Inspired" touch.  I will have to say, this was out of my comfort zone and I had dropped out from this challenge for us design team members. But I got to thinking.....what stamp set do I have that would make creating such a background as our example art piece easy.   Well I almost tripped and it hit me...no joke, this stamp set was laying on the floor and I almost tripped on it, BAHAHA!!!!!
 
http://www.claude-monet.com/impression-sunrise.jsp
So this was our "art inspired" picture to go by....

 
And here is my take on it.  I used the Works of Art stamp set and with colors of lost lagoon, soft sky, so saffron, hello honey, wild wasabi and pistachio pudding, created this art piece.  Well, I don't know about "art piece", but I think it turned out pretty cool for never creating such a thing before.  The sail boats are from the Settin' Sail stamp set and I shadowed it by stamping on a window sheet and reversing the location to just below the main one.  I also did the same technique for the reflection of the moon.

 
On the inside, I used a few of the same colors and stamped a simple border background.
 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ whisper white, hello honey and wild wasabi
Ink ~ lost lagoon, soft sky, wild wasabi, pistachio pudding, so saffron and hello honey, night of navy
Stamp Sets ~ Settin' Sail, Work of Art
Misc. ~ gold sequin trim, sponge daubers, clear window sheet
 
These items and more can be purchased HERE
 
I hope you have enjoyed my "art inspired" project.  Don't forget to leave some "love" and head on over to our main blog to see the other great creations from our design team members.

1 comment :

Regina said...

Gorgeous! You are amazing...what a clever and super idea!!