Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Blended Bloom with Mojo350

Good morning!  I don't know about how the weather is where you live, but here in Virginia, its been hot, hot, and humid...Yuck!  I can take the heat, but when you throw in the humidity, that's when I stay in.  So if its been really hot where you are too, be safe with the heat and make sure you drink lots of water!

Todays card is for the sketch over at Mojo Monday.  I really had so much fun with this sketch.  When I saw the circle in the middle, I knew I wanted to break out the Blended Bloom flower and color it with my blendabilities from Stampin' Up!  Can I just say these things are AWESOME!  I have never been good at coloring, except with crayons the old fashioned way, but these blendabilities make it so darn easy to color.

 
The flower is colored in daffodil delight and I highlighted the center with some colored rhinestones.  Another great thing I love about blendabilities, you can color on pearls, rhinestones, bling and it won't rub off!  I started with a card base of Bermuda bay and layered it with a white layer, that I embossed with the new tiny triangles folder.  My background layers are using the new Confetti DSP and highlighted with two strips of Bermuda bay ribbon and accented with a clear vintage faceted button.

 
On the inside, I added down the side and along the bottom a layer of the same mini triangle DSP and a strawberry slush layer behind that.  I stamped in basic black, the "Woo-Hoo" from the Bravo Photopolymer stamp set.

 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ whisper white, Bermuda bay, strawberry slush
Ink ~ basic black, momento ink
Stamp Sets ~ blended bloom and bravo
DSP ~ confetti
Misc. ~ bright candy dots, Bermuda bay ribbon, basic rhinestones, Bermuda bay bakers twine, vintage faceted buttons, daffodil delight blendabilities, tiny triangles embossing folder
 
I hope you have enjoyed my take on this weeks fun sketch!  Come visit me tomorrow to see what I've been working on next!

No comments :