Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Something for Baby a.k.a. Daddy!!

 
Good morning and thanks for stopping by.  Today over at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration we are sharing projects just for "Father's Day"!  Sometimes it can be tricky to come up with a gift for that special man in your life and give it in a fun and easy way.  Today I am sharing my fun shaker card with matching gift box.
 
 
 Stampin' Up! is making it so easy for us to give fun and easy gifts with their line of gift bags and boxes.  One of the fun boxes I love that we offer is the Tag a Bag Gift Box.  Its so easy to put together, decorate and I love how you can see through the sleeve as to what's inside.

 
The box is very simple.  Lets face it, a man doesn't look at how a gift is decorated like a woman, I don't care who you are.  I will look over a package from head to toe before I dive in, my husband barely looks to see who its from before he dives in, but the crafter in me, still must make my packages look cute and awesome! I created in pacific point, a wrap to go around my box.  I cut a second one in the same zig zag DSP and punched each end with the scalloped tag punch.  Its tied together with some gumball green stitched ribbon. My cute little matching tag like the one on my card is hanging from some natural twine.  I added two cute little ties, inserted rolled up tie and my gift packaging is done.  This cute gift box could be used for so many more things other than a tie.  You could place a gift card inside, along with some of his favorite gums and or mints.  Maybe a bag of his favorite candy, or even a small hand tool with maybe a Sears or Lowes gift card.  The possibilities are endless!!
 
 
I wanted my card to be a fun card.  So I decided to create a shaker card and use the cute little tie with some punched mini circles and gold sequins to place in the inside.  I just love the June My Paper Pumpkin kit.  Even though I have created all those fun cards from the kit, the fun doesn't stop there.  I can use the ink stamp n' spot and stamp set from the kit to keep creating new projects.  I created my shaker box using the On Film framelit set and a sheet of gumball green coordination cardstock and sanded it down for some added texture.  Gumball green stitched ribbon and gold bakers twine finishes off the shaker box, but the fun doesn't stop there.  I wanted a larger tie to attach to the side.  So I called upon "Old Trusy"!  Old Trusty of course is MDS.  I found the tie shape I needed, cut it out and added some stamped splatter and BAM, my card is complete! 
 

On the inside, I stamped the splattered dots from the gorgeous grunge set and added a couple banners and one tie at the bottom with a few punched circles.
 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ whisper white, gumball green coordination paper (retiring), basic gray, pacific point, so saffron
Ink ~ basic gray, so saffron, pacific point, gumball green
Stamp set ~ Something for Baby, June my paper pumpkin kit for sentiment, gorgeous grunge
DSP ~ I am me
Ribbon ~ gumball green stitched in color ribbon (retiring), natural twine, basic gray stitched 1/4" grosgrain ribbon (retiring)
Punches ~ artisan punch, apothecary accents framelit set
Misc. bright/subtle candy dots, tag a bag gift box
 
All these items and more can be purchased HERE!  For any retiring items, be sure to get these items purchased before its to late.  Ordering deadline is June 4, 2014.
If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and you would like to have a current catalog, please contact me directly and I would love to send you one!
 
Again thanks for stopping by.  I hope I have INKspired you to go and create something fun!  Don't forget to leave some "love" and head over to our main site and see what the other design team members have created fun for Father's Day!


No comments :