Saturday, February 15, 2014

Weeeooo-Weeeooo Kinda Birthday with Freshly Made Sketches #123

Good Saturday morning!  I am so excited for this weekend!  Getting fitting for a new pair of running shoes today and a family reunion dinner tomorrow with some running in between for both days!  I hope the weather stays nice!
 
I had some time to slide in some stamping while kids were getting ready.  I wanted to play with the fun sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches and create a birthday card for a little boy.
http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/2014/02/freshly-made-sketches-123-sketch-by-jen.html
So this is what I came up with...
So I wanted to play around with one of my "never have been used before" stamp sets and went with You're My Hero.  So glad I did, cause I had so much fun with the set.  I couldn't make the whole car appear in each circle, so I decided to punch different parts of the car each time.  I also highlighted one by stamping it in red and layering it with a basic gray circle.  I added my sentiment in a banner tail and popped on some fun candy dots! 

On the inside, I added some more circle shapes and again, highlighted part of the car in red.
I hope you have enjoyed my card.  Don't forget to leave some "love" before you leave!!
 
Supplies Used:
Stamp set ~ You're My Hero
Cardstock ~ real red, pool party, whisper white
Ink ~ real red, pool party, basic gray
DSP ~ I am me
Punches ~ 1", 1-1/4" and 1-3/8" circle punch
Misc. ~ neutral, bright an subtles candy dots, real red 1/4" stitched grosgrain ribbon
 

2 comments :

Amy O said...

What a cute and creative way to use this set! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

Oh how adorable this is!! The lucky little boy is sure to get a big smile when he sees this! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!