Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Watercolor Happy!

http://www.ssinkspiration.blogspot.com/2014/03/watercolor-wednesday.html
 
Good morning and thanks for joining me here today with Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration! Today we are sharing projects that have a theme of "water coloring".  With my project today, I decided to actually watercolor using the Secret Garden stamp set.  Can you believe that in the past when I have done this technique, it has been with a blender pen.  Well, I finally went and bought myself a set of the aqua painters.  I know right...why did I not already own them, and what took me so long??  Well I broke them out and went to town.  Here is what I created!
 
 
I wanted my card to have both water coloring with heat embossed details.  I heat embossed each flower on very vanilla cardstock, the swirls on my background layers, one set of leaves as well as the center layer of each flower with gold powder.  This created such sparkly details to the card.  I then used the aqua painter to pull color from the calypso coral ink pad to color each flower.
 
Thanks for stopping by to see my watercolor project.  Don't forget to leave some "love" before heading over to view the other awesome projects from our design team members at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration.
 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ very vanilla, calypso coral, wild wasabi

1 comment :

brrenwick said...

This turned out so pretty! I love the flowers and the little touches of gold! I need to get that stamp set out again!