Friday, May 16, 2014

Apples & Hugs Teacher Appreciation Gift Idea!

 
Good Friday morning!  Thanks for joining Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration!  Today we are sharing projects for "teacher appreciation".  These gifts could be great gift ideas through out the whole year and not just during a special week.  Its important to show how much we appreciate our children's teachers, even if it is with a cute box with candy, or just a special note that says so!
 
Todays project is just that.... a cute box with candy inside, and not just any box and any old candy.  Today I am sharing a sneak peek to one of the items in the new catalog.  Stampin' Up! has come up with a super cute little hamburger box and lets just say, the fun doesn't stop here, cause what's a hamburger without _ _ i _ _!?!  No you didn't?!  Yes, I did...I just teased you as to another new item that's in the catalog!!

So one of the first things that comes to mind when I think of teachers is "apples".  Well you don't think I would just give her an apple do you?!  NO, I'm giving an apple that will last forever, its cute and it holds a survival item.....CANDY!!  Yes, all teachers need a little of this to help get through the day.  Well that and lots of Coffee, my personal favorite!!

I created a cute little brown 3-D apple stem and inserted it thru a small hole I cut out in the top of the box lid.  When I created the stem, I created flaps that attach to the inside of the box lid.  I covered this with a punched out matching cherry cobbler circle.  Then green leaf is from the retiring framelit set, Secret Garden.  I tied a bow in the black chevron ribbon and slid it on my stem.  Now to the tag.  The tag shape also comes from this awesome die too.  I cut out one in very vanilla and one in gumball green.  Now to my mishap, yes everyone has mishaps and no one is perfect.  I first typed up my little teacher verse and printed it, cut it out with the die and posted it on Facebook for a few friends to see it ahead of time.  Well, luckily one friend pointed out that I had a typo, who me?!  Yes, me, I'm the typo queen!  I had typed the word "along" instead of "alone". And of course everything had been glued down and I was not about to undo everything and start all over, so I had a back up plan.  I retyped it, (with correct word this time), printed it and cut it out in a simple rectangle shape.  I attached two cute little red banners and attached to the underside and covered my bloop!!  Just like that, it was fixed and still looks great!



The inside of the box is filled with Hugs Hershey Kisses!  If you look at the tag below, you will see why I chose this particular type of candy!
The tag reads, "Teachers cannot survive on apples alone...they need "hugs" too!

Now what teacher wouldn't just melt when their student handed them this?!










 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ cherry cobbler, very vanilla, gumball green, early espresso
Ribbon ~ black chevron ribbon
Dies ~ new hamburger box die
Misc. ~ neutral candy dots, secret garden framelits
 
Thanks for stopping by.  I promise that while in the making of this box, no one got hurt, although I can't promise that not one, two or even maybe three Hershey Kisses didn't get lost along the way.   Ok, Ok, yes, I ate them!  Don't forget to leave some "love" and head over to our main Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration page and see what the other design team members have created!