Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Triangle Fun with PPA203 & MOJO345

Good morning and thanks for stopping by.  I have been a busy little happy stamper the past few days.  Not only did I have a lot of uninterrupted time in my craft room on Mother's Day to play with my paper and ink, but I also had some free time on Monday to create too!  Today's card is for the color challenge over at Pals Paper Arts and the sketch is for Mojo Monday.

I already in full force for getting a jump start on Father's Day cards.  I know my sisters will be hitting me up shortly to see what I have made up and I want to be prepared!  The sketch called for 4 layered circles but I swapped them out for 4 layered triangles.  I cut out the triangles on my own and embossed them with the arrow folder.  The colors of night of navy and cajun craze worked perfect for a masculine looking father's day card don't you think?  I then stamped and punched out 4 small triangles using the geometrical stamp set.  I also for fun added a candy dot in matching color to each small triangle.  I used the gorgeous grunge  stamp set to add a background behind the large embossed triangles.  For the left side of the card, I used the gold bakers twine to tie around.
 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ very vanilla, night of navy and cajun craze
Ink ~ cajun craze, night of navy
Stamp sets ~ gorgeous grunge, geometrical, teeny tiny wishes
Misc. ~ triangle punch, gold bakers twine, regal candy dots, arrow embossing folder
 
I hope you have enjoyed my take on the color and sketch challenge.  Don't forget to leave some "love", as I always enjoy reading your comments on what I create!
 
 

1 comment :

sweet art designs said...

I love your take on the Pals Paper colour challenge. Your simple elements work making an brilliant card.
-Myrna