Monday, May 12, 2014

May Card Sketch Challenge with Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration

 
Good Monday morning!  Its time for another fun card sketch over at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration.  I hope that you will get INKspired to come and play along!  I hope all you mom's out there had a wonderful Mother's Day.  I know I did.  I spent the early morning, cleaning off my front porch from all the loads of pollen and getting it ready with my new chair cushions!  I then got to enjoy some quiet Mommy time in my craft room playing with paper and ink!!  The fun really came in when it was time to take some pictures with my two sons.  I have to say that neither one was ready to take the pictures, nor were they excited when I announced they were gonna both give me a kiss on the cheek for a picture.  Needless to say, Momma got her way!!  I have to share it!!  This will be one to remember for the scrapbook for sure!!
 
Pucker Up and give your Momma a kiss!
 
So with our pictures being with my newly blooming flowers, I thought it to be inspiring to include flowers with this months card sketch.
 
 
I also wanted to highlight one of my favorite DSP packs that will be retiring.  The gingham garden has been one of my favorites cause it has lots of great bright colors and it has really pretty flowers patterns.  I paired this DSP pack with the petite petals set and the (retiring) Perfectly Preserved stamp set.  Another fun set, but sad to say this was my first time getting to play with it (but not my last!)  I went with the "thanks a bunch" one, cause I do think my husband and both boys for making my Mother's Day special!
 
I used the window frames framelit set to cut out my dsp shapes as well as the "thanks a bunch" stamp.  I cut out a third in pear pizzazz to attach my two sets of flowers to.  My favorite element is the pear pizzazz chevron ribbon banner going down the side.

 
As always, I try to pull elements from the outside to decorate the inside. As I always say, its just as important as the outside.
 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ whisper white, melon mambo, pear pizzazz
Ink ~ island indigo, daffodil delight, melon mambo
Misc. ~ window frames framelit set, petite petal punch, basic rhinestones
DSP ~ gingham garden
Stamp set ~ Perfectly Preserved
 
Thanks for stopping by to see my take on our monthly card sketch.  I hope it has INKspired you to come join us!  Leave some "love" and go check out what the other design team members have created!

No comments :