Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Lets Get Movin' at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration

 
Good morning and thanks for joining me here from Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration!  Today we are sharing projects made using the "pull tab slider" technique.  For basic instructions you can find them here on Splitcoaststampers.  I went a step further with my card and created a horizontal center step card for my base with the pull tab slider moving across the bottom.

 
I wanted to use the You're My Hero stamp set one more time before it leaves us, cry...cry!!  It is such a great stamp set to use for "boys" of all ages!  I used the retro fresh DSP on the side panels layered with some tangerine tango.  For the center panel, I stamped the fire truck in so saffron and coastal cabana.  I also added the film strip from the On, Film framelit set and added a simple banner that says "Happy Birthday". 

 
The fire truck is stamped and colored in tangerine tango, with three basic gray candy dots added to the wheels.  As you pull the tab the truck slides along the road as if its actually driving.  Behind the truck, you then see the stamped words, "weeeooo-weeeooo".

 
I hope you have enjoyed my take on the pull tab slider card technique and you are going to go right now and give it a try yourself!  Don't forget to leave some "love" here, and then go check out what the other design team members have created using this fun technique!  We hope we will INKspire you to go make one too!
 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ baked brown sugar, very vanilla, tangerine tango, basic black, coastal cabana
Ink ~ tangerine tango, so saffron and coastal cabana
Stamp set ~ You're my Hero
DSP ~ Retro Fresh
Misc. ~ on film framelits, mini banner punch, neutral candy dots, word window punch

3 comments :

brrenwick said...

Adorable!!!! What a fun card...Owen approved ;)

Melissa said...

This is absolutely adorable!!!

Stampin Dj said...

So adorable! Love it so much!!!