Sunday, May 11, 2014

Swallowtail Beauty with PCCS92 & CTD291

Good evening and thanks for stopping by.  I wanted to share with you a card I was working on today.  Its my take on the fun challenges for The Paper Craft Crew (sketch) and Color Throwdown (colors).  Both of which I loved and so happy with how the two worked together.   
 
 
I won't go into a lot of details with this project, cause you can see for yourself all that I did.  I will only highlight on a few.  I embossed together with the mosaic folder the white and silver paper.  To stamp the swallowtail, I used mixed colors of Bermuda bay, night of navy and pear pizzazz (sub color for lucky limeade).  I then stamped again with versa mark on top and sprinkled on dazzling diamonds.  The little flowers are made using the scalloped 7/8" scallop circle punch and cut towards the center on each petal, then added a basic rhinestone to the center.

 
On the inside, I inked up the swallowtail stamp with the same three colors and stamped at an angle.
 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ whisper white, Bermuda bay, night of navy, pear pizzazz
Stamp set ~ Swallowtail, Lots of Thanks
Misc. ~ mosaic folder, basic rhinestones, 7/8" scallop circle punch, regal candy dots, silver 1/8"ribbon, night of navy 1/4" stitched grosgrain ribbon

4 comments :

Jan said...

Such a pretty card Cynthia! I love the way you've made your flowers and the silver embossed panel! Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Craft Crew this week

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Cynthia. Love that colorful butterfly, the dry embossed background... the touch of silver looks great. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

Gorgeous use of the Swallowtail on your Beautiful card here Cynthia. Really like the elements and your colour choices. Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Craft Crew challenge. Carolyn x

Pam Staples said...

Cynthia, Absolutely gorgeous card! Love the colors on the butterfly and love the flowers. Also, love the finishing touch stamped inside the card. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew! Also, congratulations on being selected as a featured artisan. Go visit the Paper Craft Crew blog and grab the Featured Artisan banner for your blog!