Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Monochromatic Dahlias with The Card Concept #9

Good morning and thanks for stopping by to see my first entry at The Card Concept challenge blog!

I came across this challenge blog and after reading and browsing around, I just thought the whole "concept" behind their challenges were wonderful!!  No pun intended, ha! ha!

The challenge is to use the theme of monochromatic purple and create it with one of the styles from the design team members.  I decided to go with what I think is  "Clean and Graphic." 

Even thought my image is not a solid, I used my sponge dauber to shade from dark to light in wisteria wonder, almost making this a solid image once I stamped it on my deco label cut out.  I also stamped the flower to the center of the vanilla layer to show some of the edge uncolored sticking out from the label.  To have a strong contract, I placed three calypso coral candy dots in the center of my flower.  I stuck with elegant eggplant as my base card and used one layer of very vanilla scored along the sides to keep it clean.  I stamped a simple "hi" in the lower corner in eggplant to match the card base.

 
Even though I am not showing the full inside of my card, you can see that I kept it simple by stamping part of the dahlia and shading it like I did the flower on the front.
 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ Elegant eggplant, wisteria wonder, very vanilla
Ink ~ wisteria wonder, elegant eggplant
Stamp set ~ Regarding Dahlias
Misc. ~ Subtles candy dots, deco label framelit set
 
I hope you have enjoyed my spin on the challenge over at The Card Concept.  Don't forget to leave some "love", as I always enjoy reading your comments!

1 comment :

Jane said...

Love the simple font of your sentiment. Also I really like how you've carried your card onto the insert, often a forgotten quick add on part of a card. Will be giving this a try!