Thursday, May 29, 2014

Happy Father's Day with MOJO347

Good morning and thanks for stopping by to check out my Father's Day card.  Its my project card for this weeks MOJO Monday sketch challenge.  This weeks sketch is something a little different than your normal A2 sized card.  This week you are to create a skinny card.  It plays with your mind a little because of resizing things when you are used to layers sized for an A2 (4-1/4" x 5-1/2") card.

Some I gearing up and getting ready for Father's Day, so make sure you check back in all this week, because I will be posting and giving a lot of ideas for Father's Day cards and projects. 

 
So if you are like me, some times creating a masculine card can be a little tricky.  Its so easy to create a cute card for a lady.  Just add some bling and bow and its perfect.  Well not to many men I know, love getting a card with bling and a bow!  This card does have both bling and a bow, buts I think its done in a manly sort of way!!  I used the Wetlands stamp set.  One of my favorite sets to turn too when creating a card for a man.  Its so in touch with natural and the outdoors.  My background layer of vanilla is sponged a little with soft suede ink to help it stand out.  I used my woodgrain embossing folder on the soft suede layer for my main background.  I also threw in a little Venetain Romance DSP for some blue color.  To match the island indigo color in the DSP, I added some regal candy dots to the upper corner of the card and one at the bottom (there's my bling!)

 
As always if you follow my blog at all, you know that I like to decorate and share the inside.  Decorating the outside can be easy, but some forget all about the inside and its the most important part of the card.  Its where you take the time to handwrite that special message to your friend or loved one.  To me, a handwritten message is very important!  I stamped a few of the wheat in soft suede and pistachio pudding and created a simple banner across the bottom, leaving plenty of room for writing.

 
Back to the outside.  We talked about bling and bows...well, yes I added a bow, but its very simple and really doesn't even look like a bow at all.  I used the natural twine and twisted it around a few times and attached it with a blue dot underneath my wooden button.  I also created a banner with the natural trim ribbon across the front.
 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ very vanilla, soft suede, pistachio pudding
Ink ~ soft suede
DSP ~ venetian romance
Stamp Set ~ wetlands, teeny tiny wishes
Misc. ~ word window punch, natural twine, natural trim ribbon, scalloped border punch, woodgrain embossing folder, regal candy dots, deco labels framelit set, naturals designer buttons.
 
All these items and more can be purchased HERE!
 
Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have enjoyed my take on the sketch below.  Don't forget to leave some "love, and go play along too!


2 comments :

Pink Blossom Creations said...

Love this card x

Cynthia said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave me a much appreciated compliment!